Charfield Parish Council
Extra Ordinary Meeting 12th August 22
7.30pm in the Village Hall
The Parish Council has invited our MP as well as representatives from South Glos Council and WECA to attend and respond to questions about the proposed station development. The Parish Council has definite concerns about the pre-application proposal, while also noting the value a local rail connection would have for some parishioners.
The imminent planning application, if approved, will change the village as dramatically as any other large development, and the Parish Council wants to ensure all residents are aware of the issues, so they can fully engage with the planning process when the application goes to consultation. The Parish Council also wishes to clarify matters that remain unanswered through correspondence and formal inquiry.
Come along and make your views heard
- With the application likely any time now, when are the results of the public consultation which closed in January 2022 to be made available?
- Will the proposed car park be chargeable, and if so how will on street car parking be impacted by overflow parking by out-of-village rail users?
- Will the widening of Station Road for access to the new car park enable new development in the fields beyond?
- Is the station project dependent upon financial contributions from new housing development?
- Will out-of-village users add to the existing congestion on the main B4058 Wotton Road?
- Will the Station Road/New Street/Garage/Co-op junction with the Wotton Road be even more hazardous with additional commuter traffic?
- What will happen to the historic Brunel railway station and buildings – the last almost complete set of such buildings on the line?
- Why would you seek to embed a regional railway station into an already busy village rather than find another more accessible but less developed line-side site nearby?
The meeting will be a formal Parish Council meeting and will be run accordingly. The discussions will take place during a longer than normal Public Participation, and will lead into a formal Resolution of the Parish Council’s position with regard to the matter. Attendees should only speak when directed to by the Chairman, and anyone wishing to speak should likewise make themselves known to the Chairman and/or Clerk before or during the meeting.